Friday, March 5, 2010

I can't wait to live here!

When we first looked at this house I said to myself, wow this really way out in the boonies.  As I travel there now it seems to get closer somehow.  I love being out in the boonies, which is only 2 miles or so from town.  I can't wait to live here though.  The drive there is so pretty, calming.  ;klasjdfoiwejtfgownfgvfvn
Back to reality.
Today we went over to continue our quest.  Jeff finished up getting the new back door in.   He had started it on Wednesday when he was there.
 
  
  

Looks good, huh?  It is beeeuuutiful!  It fits well despite being a little strange.  Seems that when they made the door, they did not countersink the hinges on the frame so there was a small gap when installed.  Jeff put up weatherstripping on the outside of the jamb and it is fine now.  He won't put the trim back up because we are pulling out the paneling in that room to drywall it.  
When he was here Wednesday, he got the ceilings painted in the kitchen, living room and hallway.

 
 
 
 
Thanks honey.  My neck can not handle that. 
We spackled and sanded in the living room and while that was drying, I painted the crown moulding in the kitchen.  Then went in to the living room and did the window trim, door trim and door.  I love glossy white trim.  It looks so crisp and clean.  The wood is in really good shape on the windows so far.  Very easy to paint. 
 
  
  
I don't know if I mentioned it or not, I know a couple of you are aware though, the outside vent pipe for the septic system had been sawed off when they "fixed" the back deck.  When it got cold again, it froze right at the ground level and plugged.  Jeff went and got a coupler to fix it and it is fine now.  Whew.
 
   
There was a light switch on the wall that I thought was beautiful once cleaned up.  It had been painted white at some point and was very dirty.  So I scrubbed and cleaned it but could not get it all off.  It is originally brass plated metal.  I took the drill and used the stripper to get the rest of the finish off.  I painted it with my silver paint and love the way it looks.  
 
It has some really nice textures and details to it.  It will look nice when it goes back up.
After priming the sanded spots in the living room, Jeff cleaned up the brushes and we called it a day. 
See ya next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment