Saturday, March 20, 2010

Gutterly happy.

Haven't posted in a few so here is some new stuff:  Jeff put the Luaun in the front room.





Jeff wired in for the dishwasher so that is done and ready for an appliance.
  




I got the trim in the kitchen caulked, just needs that final coat to cover up the brads. 

Today, Jeff guttered the back of the house.  He did 3- 16' pieces and 1- 10' piece.  Total was 53' that he ended up using.  He put up the downspouts after putting up the gutters.  He did a really good job. 








So we are happy to have this done so the back doors stay dry.  There was some seepage from there being no gutters up, so this should fix the problem. 
While Jeff was doing that, I was inside.  I moved all the flooring out of the front room and into the kitchen.  We will start in the front room and work our way back to the back door in the dining room and kitchen. 
I also pulled up all the carpet and padding in the family room to start the prep work in there since that will be our next room.  I took all the switch plates and outlet covers off then hammered in some of the old anchors to sit flush with the walls.  Took down the broken blinds in there and put some baking soda down on some damp spot on the floor I found after pulling up the carpet. 





This wall will be dark brown.  It is the backdrop for the bar area. 


This wall will be a pumpkin-ish color???  Haven't found one yet.  


This wall will be a taupe-ish color.  Got the paint in the mis-tinted lots.  About $5 a gallon for good paint.  The guy also gave me a bunch of stain so all the wood baseboards, window and door trim will be stained and not painted. 

I found a little something at Hobby Lobby yesterday...$5
It fits my French Cuisine look...

Love it. 
I had to clean up the family room to get the carpet up and put all the paint in our room for now...
We have not used all this yet but quite a bit of it. 

After Bekah gets here, we will start on this project: the Kitchen Island.  Here are some pics.  We have got some work....
It will give me so much more space.  I love it. 
Ok, it is late and been a long day and I know someone who shall remain nameless is chomping at the bit right now....
:-D


1 comment:

  1. Very nice, I love the wood for the floors! It is darker than I thought it was very very nice. And finally I know what your great room looks like!!

    ReplyDelete