Wednesday, February 24, 2010

So apparently I am a bad ground, thank God!

So today we went over.  I had trim to finish and Jeff wanted to clean the bathroom.  We got those done!  Yipee.
 

 


He just has some quarter round to put in along the bottom of the tub and paint the front of the vanity.  He did such a wonderful job.  It looks great, doesn't it? 
Here is a before pic: 

                               






Here is the after pic:







Here is the finished trim in the kitchen.
 
  
We were going to start on the ceiling in the kitchen next.  We have the 2 new lights  to go in and we were going to switch out the outdated ceiling fan in the dining room 
 
with the one in the family room because it is a nice fan and it matches the new flooring.  
 
So, Jeff took the light kit off the fan in the family room because there was no pull chain on there for the fan.  It was missing the stuff in there for the fan.  Then he took the light kit off the fan in the dining room, put the missing parts from that assembly into the family room fan.  Are you following this?  He rewired the parts and had me throw the circuit breaker back on.  Nothing.  Did a little rewiring, nothing.  Moved one more wire and ZAP it threw the breaker that I had my finger on when he flipped the switch.  He said I must be a bad ground.  Good thing!  I wasn't touching anything else and had my tennies on. Whew.  No perm for me. 
To make a long story short, both those fans are in the garbage and we are taking this one 
 
from the Master and putting it in the family room.  I will get a light for the dining room.  Who needs a stupid fan in there anyway.
 See ya!
J&J

No comments:

Post a Comment