Sunday, February 21, 2010

Bon Appétit

Tom won.  I have always loved Julia Child.  I remember watching her cooking show when I was little.  Jeff took me to see the movie Julie and Julia and fell in love with her kitchen.  While I am not yet ready to paint my cabinets, someday I will, I used her color on my walls and am using blue as an accent just as Paul Child did when he designed her kitchen.  I finished the walls and trim yesterday.  Just need to paint the window trim above the sink. 
 
  
 
While I was busy in the kitchen, Jeff was working in the bathroom.  He got the mirror up, the towel bar and toilet paper holder installed and also our new curved shower rod.  All in chrome.  He also touched up the trim and painted the door. 
 
  
  
  
  
Forgot to get a pic of the mirror.  Will get that tomorrow. We got a lot done, we were there for about 9 hours.  We take the toaster oven with us to heat leftovers to eat because we don't have any appliances in there yet.  We want to wait until we are ready to move in to get those.  
Hasta luega.

4 comments:

  1. OMG I love the color everything looks so nice...........and that back door and side door are really nice. That is the first time I have seen the Great room from that angle. Is the great room next to the living room?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, next to the living room and dining room. Thanks Bek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. but there is no doorway from the living room to the great room?

    ReplyDelete
  4. no. we want to open up that wall though and put a portico type opening so it will open it up.

    ReplyDelete